Song of the day: I Love London - Crystal Fighters
What? City break
Transport: Wizzair airlines Gdansk-London Luton, easybus.com from the airport to London city centre.
ENG: It was my fifth visit in London, so I have already seen much of what is consider the typical tourist attractions. I fell in love with this city each time I visit. This time in London I have seen:
- Regent Park - the wheather (over 10C degree in the midde of January, what a nice place to live!) allowed to continiue my tradition of a picnic in the park. I don't know what it is exactly about those London parks, but I just love the atmosphere around.
- Stamford Bridge - the stadium of Chelsea F.C. (Fullham Broadway tube station)
- Trafalgar Square, followed by walk in SOHO disctict, including 4 floors of M&M's world (a great attraction for children, also those over-aged ones ;-)
- National Gallery - most of the top painters totally for free.
- part of Brent district next to the Kilburn tube station - oh well, that was a little, little accident with mistaking the hotel address…but at least they had a Clarks shoes outlet there.
- Camden Town - I think I will always come back to see this disctrict - I love its artsy atmosphere, and the amazing Asian streetfood.
- Oxford Street - short comment: shopping, shopping everywhere!
In case you have been in London, do not forget to share what's the most interesting thing you have seen :-)
PL: Tydzień temu miałam okazję po raz piąty odwiedzić Londyn - spośród wszystkich zagranicznych miast, do tego jednego wracam nadzwyczaj często, i za każdym razem jestem nim zachwycona. Tym razem odwiedziłam między innymi: Stamford Bridge - stadion Chelsea F.C., Trafalgar Square oraz National Gallery, Camden Town - dzielnicę z najlepszym azjatyckim jedzeniem ever, oraz ponad 400 letni pub Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese. Jeśli byliście w stolicy Anglii, koniecznie dajcie znać, co jeszcze ciekawego można tam zobaczyć! :-)
Tourist in London without a photo with a phone booth? Impossible!
Camden Town - I spend hours on wandering around the market, where you could buy lots of vintage clothes (and also a lots of chinese fake stuff..).
Walk by Thame by the night:
…Followed by visit in an over 400years old pub, where Mark Twain and Theorore Roosvelt had a drink once. Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese is definately a place to be - although some says that its haunted! Unfortunately, despite its rather off track location, it's so crowded during the weekend that it's hard to find a place, not mentioning of making any photos inside.
National Gallery next to the Trafalgar Square:
...and some of its insides:
And a sweet treat at the end - M&M's World in SOHO (next to Leicester Square tube station):
photo: biotechnology / kuba